So what do these #'s and trends mean? There is a very good chance that if you or a loved one suffers from cancer, heart attack or stroke there will be a cost of survival that needs to be addressed. The medical bills will hopefully be mostly covered by a Major Medical insurance policy but what about the other costs associated with a diagnosis?
These costs include:
- Replacing lost income while unable to work
- Paying health insurance deductibles & copay
- Hiring home health care or child care services
- Keeping up with monthly expenses like mortgage, utilities & groceries
- Traveling to receive treatment
***According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the economic burden for survivors is substantial. Here is what they found:
For more details please call the Licensed Experts at The Legacy Council at (513) 442-2000.